Thursday, January 3, 2013

Are you happy?

I hate such philosophical questions. I hate existential and abstract questions. But are you literally happy?
Some time back, while generously coating my  lashes with mascara, a question popped in my mind: am I too vain? Yeah, I've done things worthwhile, I do pray (removing my waterproof make up before ablutions, de mise!), read the Qur'aan, wear the headscarf. But is my love for a lil' bit of pampering, make up and carefully assorting a posh abaya with a pop scarf making me all style  and no substance? Above all, is this going to benefit me in the next life?
A very happy reality of my life: my faith! I believe in Allah as One, and feel happy to be part of an undeniable Truth. And I have to admit that other than acts of prayer and submission to Allah, I am very happy when a sister praises my style and feel relaxed about slathering on my fave moisturiser at night after a hard day's work!
From then on, I decided that my happiness had to be from inside out. I dug on about women,beautification within the parameters of Islam. And still digging!
And from there began my quest to exist as the swanky muslimette I truly am, within the limits of my faith.
Not compatible, ye say? Follow my story, if you will :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment